06 December, 2013

Rosie the Reviewer {Torrid}

Torrid clothing brand specializes in funky and stylish plus sized clothing ranging from a size 12 to a size 28. They’re clothing isn't like most of the other plus sized companies such as Lane Bryant or Ashley Stewart and I’ll explain why after I point out the plus and negatives about Torrid.


Over the years I've become a connoisseur of plus sized clothing. I am terribly hard to fit in the bottom and since I’m also well-endowed it has been difficult to find clothing that is comfy, cute, stylish, fits well, and has a retro feel to it. Those are a lot of demands from someone with few options to choose from. But I figured eventually I’d find exactly what I was looking for even if I had to create them myself.

Torrid clothing is a bit pricey for someone like me who lives on a budget, so purchasing from the on-line store wasn't going to happen. I searched eBay and purchased two pairs of Torrid capris just in time for summer.

I sized up, although I hate to, because I was not familiar with the brand. The trouser style capris I purchased were outstanding. They were previously owned and I didn't expect perfect condition, but was quite pleased. The next pair I purchased was a new with tags retro style cuff capris. The cut, style, and measurements are terrific. Since I've purchased them I've been exercising and losing inches, yay for me, but now the pants are loose.

Most companies have been altering their sizing and making them smaller than what they were a few years ago. Because when I was in between a 18 and 20 my measurements were much bigger than what they are now…it’s a conspiracy I tell you!! So being a size 16 I went up to 18 and found that they were not only true to size, but might be perfect for ladies who are in between sizes. {Don’t you think they need to make half sizes for us ladies in between sizes?? Just a thought.}


My suggestion is that if you are plus sized or well-endowed, consider purchasing something from Torrid. I highly recommend them with 5 stars! I plan, as I lose weight, to continue purchasing from Torrid.

10 comments:

  1. I love Torrid! Whenever I have a little extra money they are my first stop - and although they are expensive, they are still cheaper than a lot of other plus sized stores of quality. I love their three-button fly, high-waisted bottoms. I have them in long pants, capris, and shorts. They are so flattering, and I never like how I look in pants!

    Deborah
    Hellcat Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the three button style is amazing!!! I would love to get these in a smaller size, like maybe 16 or even 14 if I lose some more weight. I'll have to check out the shorts, I usually HATE shorts, but I'm sure I'd love them if they were Torrid!!

      Delete
  2. I love Torrid. It's one of the few places that doesn't try to dress plus sized women in sacks. I found that the JMS (just my size) jeans from Wal Mart fit me well. I bought a pair a couple of months ago and love them. They have a contour waist band that sits at the actual waist. I may buy another pair once I get a bit more money. and for under $20 a pair its a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygosh, YES!!!!!!!!!!!! They have the prettiest and the most flattering clothes for plus size women and especially those who like vintage. JMS is also pretty good and pretty comfy. When I was an 18-20 I used to get their stuff, loved it!

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes and yes!!! We need half sizes!!! I own a couple of items that are half sizes (uneven rather than even numbered sizes) and they fit me like a glove. It just seems logical to number sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and so on all the way up to any number a given manufacturer desires. Why skip numbers and create such a difference between sizes when many of us are between today's existing tag numbers?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how many times I've thought that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.... would make so much more sense than 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.... Also wouldn't it make you feel better if I could be a size 8 instead of 14 or 16.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found jeans that work for you. And yes, we do need half sizes. It is only common sense! We get half sizes with shoes, why not pants and blouses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, if we get half sizes in shoes and gloves, etc... why not for clothing???

      Delete
  5. I have a pair of the 3 button capris and love them! My fave pair of shorts are from them too. They are just the right length and higher on the waist. I hear you on the half sizes - when things fit my waist they are big on my thighs and rear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! :D Torrid is amazing, I'm glad you enjoy them as well. Amen!! We need to start a movement for half sizes for us ladies who are in betweenies.

      Delete