09 December, 2013

Lucille Ball

A Salute to...Lucille Ball


  1. Born Lucille Desiree Ball, in Jamestown, NY.
  2. Was a Model for Hattie Carnegie designer clothing.
  3. A natural brunette, though dyed her hair red and bleached it blonde. She was one of the few to make jokes about her "natural" hair color.
  4. Auditioned for a role in Gone With the Wind.
  5. Her acting career began as a film noir, not for her famous witty comedy skills.
  6. Nicknamed: Technicolor Tessie, Queen of the B Movies, The First Lady of Television, and The Queen of Comedy.
  7. Max Factor were the ones to suggest Lucille dye her hair red with henna.
  8. Lucille Ball raised the pitch of her voice in I Love Lucy.


I love her 1930s/1940s style the most! She's such a beauty!

I think this glamour shot alone qualifies her as a film noir!

I love everything about this. Her make-up, hair, and look at those nails!!

Lucille had an awesome casual side. In jeans and still looks glamorous!

Have I proved my point at how fabulous and elegant Lucille Ball was??

Though she was known as a famous comedienne, Lucille was a gorgeous pinup during the war years!

Personally because of her years in comedy, I think her glamour and sophistication, along with the fact that she was a kick butt entrepreneur between Desilu Productions then Lucille Ball Productions after her divorce. She was an awesome lady and quite a pioneer in the acting world!

And yes, I do love Lucy. How about you?  

13 comments:

  1. Lucille was an amazing actress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed she was!! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Me too! I love her...such an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a child, I always thought she was an actress who loved to be silly, but this woman was truly amazing!!

      Delete
  3. Massively!!! She was awesomely stylish, a fellow bottle (in my pre-wig days) redhead, smart as a whip, funny (and witty), wise, and able to pull of a heavily made up face without looking OTT or clownish, and just such a cool all around lady.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how she poked fun of herself for being a bottle red head. She really was very cool!

      Delete
  4. She was a fabulous woman! So gorgeous and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was such a fabulous woman! So gorgeous and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I had no idea she was a film noir and a pin up. She looks so different with that blonde hair, that if you hadn't said it was her, I wouldn't have recognized her. Ball really was a pioneer, not only in television but in business. Though she played the flaky housewife, she was a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really has transformed herself and dove into various roles and genres that went against the norm of actresses in her day!

      Delete
  7. Awesome lady...so funny. Those I Love Lucy shows are timeless. There is a big exhibit on her in Florida at Universal Studios. Very smart lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Lucy was positively marvelous in so many ways! It's fun learning that she auditioned for a role in Gone With the Wind, I would have never guessed that. :) Did you see they're having a colorized 'I Love Lucy' Christmas special? I'm usually opposed to them doing things like this, but after watching a short clip I got really excited about it (I always wanted to know the color of their kitchen)!

    ReplyDelete