05 December, 2013

Foot Tapping Good Time

I thought it'd be interesting if I'd do Christmas music video post on some of my favorite Christmas songs. {For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas. I know very little vintage music for Chanukah...gotta work on that for next year.} Here are just a few of my favorites! I hope you enjoy them as well.


"Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt
If Marilyn Monroe sung this, which I have yet to hear so if you have a link, I'd be so thankful!, this is how I pictured it would sound like. Love this!

"Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
I cannot not want want to dance every time I hear this classic tune!


"Christmas Lullaby" by Cary Grant
Yes, Cary Grant! I didn't think I could love him more, then I listened to this. Made me want to cry!

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland
Christmas isn't Christmas without this song. Only Judy can sing this and bring a tug at your heart strings.

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" by Kelly Clarkson
I love so many versions of this song, but Kelly's version is one of, if not, my favorite.

"Silent Night" played on guitar.
Silent Night was first written in German and since there was no piano or organ to write it to, it was written on guitar. So many people get it wrong and play it on piano, but it never sounds more soulful than when it is played on guitar!

Are some of these your favorites, too? What are some of your favorite Christmas tunes/carols? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I had never heard the Cary Grant one (How did I miss it?!?!?), it's beautiful!

    Some of my favorite of the more traditional ones are "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", and "Deck the Halls". I also love "It's a Marshmallow World" (the Martin and Sinatra version), The Merry Christmas Polka (Andrews Sisters), "Jing-A-Ling, Jing-A-Ling" (Andrews Sisters)....and a ton of others that would take forever to list. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ecstatic when I first heard it!! It is so very sweet.
      I do love The Andrews Sister's songs, Christmas or otherwise. I've always loved O Come, O Come, Emmanuel. It is so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Fabulously fun holiday music post! I was raised on the classics (very much including your first pick here, Santa Baby) growing up and they'll always be the best soundtrack of the Christmas season for me.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have a little bit of a Christmas music overload as of late, but these I could listen to all year around!

      Delete