I don't know if you recall that I used to do these "A Salute To..." posts of present day and Old Hollywood stars with a classic charm, but I am bringing it back.
Without writing a biography on Ms. Hepburn, here are some details about her life that might help you get to know who this wonderful icon really was.
- Full name is: Katharine Houghton Hepburn. Most actors changed their names, but Kate chose to keep hers.
- Katharine was a suffragette, who protested with her mother for women to gain the right to vote at a young age.
- This classic actress' career spanned over 5 decades.
- A self-proclaimed atheist.
- Woman of the Year was the beginning of 9 films she and long time lover Spencer Tracy co-stared together in.
- Winner of 4 oscars.
- Lost her brother tragically when he hung himself at a young age.
I really love this look. Isn't her hair perfection??
Katharine, along with many other old hollywood starlets, knew how to and practiced their knitting. Something that is now becoming popular again.
I had to share this quote because it's so sobering and true.
Ain't it the truth!
Saving the best, and my favorite, for last!
For the most part Katharine was known for her talent on the screen and for her amazing casual wear style. Katharine was a complex woman, just as any woman is.