13 March, 2013

Pinspiration {My Style}

I don't often share with you my own personal style. I am definitely not full time vintage {I'm more of a part time gal} and I'm okay with that. However my passion and love for vintage and antique clothing is full time. My love of vintage fashion stems from my love of history. I grew up wit Gramparents of the Greatest Generation and it's no doubt how much they inspire me today. My family even encourages me to sew, knit, and collect items for my vintage wardrobe.

my style - the fictionista #1


This is an idea of what my personal style. I live in blue jeans during the fall/winter months.

I'm pretty much of a casual preppy kind of gal...

 
I have a bit of a sassy side, too.

 
I love pretty clothes with a vintage vibe. 

More than anything else, I'm a modest woman who doesn't want to be covered from head to toe, and yet still keep my modest looks. {And you cannot say that dress isn't a simple and sexy look, c'mon that is reminiscent of Mad Men's Joan Holloway's wardrobe}.

I believe that is another reason why I adore vintage fashion. Those ladies could be elegant, lady like, sexy, and just plain beautiful even if it was a simple day dress or a well fitted suit. Since I have areas were I'm terribly self-conscious of, vintage fashion has helped me show more of who I am deep down inside.

6 comments:

  1. Love! <3 I too am more of a just on the weekends vintage kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is just easier! During the summer I feel like dressing up more than in the dreary winter months.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you sister! It's all about the journey. I agree these ladies were very elegant. You know I was thinking today how delving into vintage has really helped me to understand past generations. Growing up, I, of course, never thought much about the "granny" bags, eyeglasses, hats, shoes,etc. But, now I begin to understand why it was important for them to apply their makeup and do their hair before they left the house even when they, themselves, were grannies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My point exactly! I love, love, love vintage and wish I could wear it ALL the time. But the history is what draws me in. I love finding pieces that will have a story with it.

      Delete
  3. Blue jeans are quite vintage I think, if worn the right way - with a little gingham blouse for example. I really like that dress at the end because I prefer simple classic vintage looks too. The garment should speak for itself! Weekend vintage is the best - too tiring otherwise! Or maybe I'm just lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!! Any kind of cuffed jean is quite vintage. It really is a stunning piece and I think it would be a great staple, too. Let's say it's tiring. ;-)

      Delete