26 March, 2013

Pinsperation {Katy Perry}

This week I chose Katy Perry as my pinsperation, or more specifically Katy's hair. I'm not really a fan of Katy, but I do like her choice to embrace the retro/rockabilly style.

Katy isn't afraid to try something new with her look. And she obviously doesn't care what people think. I really like that about her. I don't think I'd have the guts to have my hair in such bold colors.



There is also her pastel look, which I'm quite fond of.

 

 

Her natural look is quite nice as well.

 

Her Bettie Page inspired look is very pretty. I know someday I will try the Bettie Page inspired look.

 

What do you think of Katy's various looks?

10 comments:

  1. I love that she can pull all of these looks off. I'd love bangs but my bangs don't cooperate with. They are super frizzy and don't sit straight. That's what I get for having a combo of wavy,frizzy hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've had bangs before and since my hair is sooooo straight and very thick, I think I'll be able to pull it off.

      Delete
  2. I think she is a gorgeous young lady that looks fabulous no matter how she styles her hair or what color it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you completely in that I admire and enjoy her various looks (of which the more grounded, realistic styles and hair colours tend to be my favourites), even though I'm not much of a modern pop music fan. I think that she's been able to pull off vivid hair colours better than most celebs and have enjoyed seeing the various hues she's sported over the years.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a big band/rock music fan and I think I only like one song of hers, but I do respect her moxy to pull of these looks.

      Delete
  4. Yes - I admire Katy more for her style than her music, although to be fair I've never really sat down to listen to many of her songs apart from I Kissed A Girl. I really admired all those plastic dresses she wore about a year (?) ago. I think the 4th and last photos you've included here are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about the same with me. I have only like one song of hers, Firework, and pretty much love her rockabilly looks. I don't recall the plastic dresses, but knowing how flashy Katy is, I'm sure she rocked them!

      Delete
  5. PS I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am. Thank you for inquiring! :)

      Delete