19 February, 2013

3.3.13

Last year on the History Channel we had a couple of docu-series that were pretty spectacular. {I can't touch on Hatfield's & McCoy's, because I did not watch it.} The two I did watch I highly recommend.

Mankind: The Story of All of Us

After America: The Story of Us debuted almost three years ago, last year we had the privilege to see Mankind: The Story of All of Us. Personally I enjoyed this series quite a bit. There were a few aspects I disagreed and there's one major detail in our 20th century {The Holocaust in Europe that was surprising neglected as well as the Spanish inquisition} that should have been added.

The Men Who Built America

I absolutely loved this series about the men who built up the American economy post American Civil War. How some of them went about it wasn't always the best solutions to their problems, however we can learn from their mistakes. Out of all of them, my favorite to learn about was Rockefeller and Carnegie in second.

The Bible

The Bible is a 10 part mini series event that will premiere on the History Channel on March 3rd of this year. From the promos they have created, it looks absolutely amazing. I'm always nervous how people will portray the events of my faith's Holy Book, as anyone should be, some mini-series completely disregard facts. And that really disappoints. However, the History Channel did an awesome job with the other docu-series I cannot wait to see this! Check out a link here for another promo.

Vikings


The Vikings is another interesting mini-series event to premiere on the same day. My DVR is going to be busy. I'm not as familiar with the Vikings and hope this to be a bit educational as well as entertaining. From what I do know they were a warrior and even pagan people who were among one of the firsts to set foot on what would become American and Canadian soil. Check out this link here for another promo. 

12 comments:

  1. The newest series does look beautiful. Maybe I'll suggest watching it with my husband so I don't get bombarded with questions after mass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The history channel does know how to put on a production!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I are also super excited about Vikings and The Bible! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I saw a promo last December and was already on pins and needles. :-)

      Delete
  3. They both sound very interesting! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely have to remember to watch them.

    Oh, and we watched the Hatfields & McCoys, it was awesome! If you get a chance to catch it, you should watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :-) Okay, the next time they're on, I'll be sure to DVR it. Or maybe our library might have it...I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
  4. Cool! I love watching Viking stuff so I hope I can get a hold of that one. Somehow I missed you 10 Items post... I just love the polka dot shoes in that shoe collection! And your cocktail dress... perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, them and the Celts are so interesting to me. I love how realistically this series looks to be portrayed.

      Thanks, Dame! :-) I am addicted to polka-dots for sure.

      Delete
  5. I love history. I wish I had room in my DVR for these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm a bit of a history nerd/addict. Well, if not, you may try your local library. My sister and I are able to borrow loads of items from them like movies. And since this is educational, I'm sure they'll want to get a copy.

      Delete
  6. History Channel certainly knows how to do miniseries'. I am excited about "The Bible." And maybe we will finally learn whether or not that is Gabriel Byrne in the Vikings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeedy!! You know I have to look that up!! It's just been bugging the daylights out of me. Going to do that right now.

      Delete