25 January, 2013

Last Summer

Last summer I was doing better at getting myself all dolled up for church every week. I would pull out my go to dresses and slip on some classy heels, heck I even set my hair the night before. I don't get the chance to dress vintage during the week. I wish I had the time, maybe I do and I'm just lazy...well, I'll go with the first reason.

Here are some older photos from last summer on a Sunday morning where my sister was so nice as to take them so I could do an outfit post months later. 

This is my go to dress. The simple style and wonderful color is very versatile. 

I'm the worst model. I never know how to pose properly.

This is a set from my First Evolve Rollers. The curls always came out soft and had a strong hold.

I'm also realizing I wish I had worn a necklace. Maybe my Star of David or my vintage inspired locket would have been nice??

Outfit Details:
Dress - old Chadwicks
Shoes - ebay
Gloves - vintage from my Grama
Purse - vintage 1920s from ebay

18 comments:

  1. Omg you look great with that look! You seriously look like you stepped out of the 1950s! I love it and that color looks amazing on you!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I really love this dress. It's so versatile in how you sport it. You can make it look 30s or even 50s! :) Thanks, Bunny dear!

      Delete
  2. Everything about you in this photo looks vintage. I love the dress and gloves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why this is my go to dress. It's not vintage, but perfect none the less!

      Delete
  3. Looking gorgeous as usual. Just think next time your dress vintage, you will be sporting your new hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, sis!! I know, I can't wait. I love my pixie so much!

      Delete
  4. Such a great outfit! Love that color on you and how cool is it that you have your grandma's gloves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I'm so glad to have them. I was afraid since Grama's hands are so small I'd rip them, but apparently we have the same size in gloves! What luck?!

      Delete
  5. You look fantastic! I love the gloves and shoes, very classy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you, Inky! I rarely wear gloves, but these are one of my faves. I adore a good pair of crocheted gloves.

      Delete
  6. Sean, you are so gorgeous! Every time you share snaps of yourself, I find myself wishing you'd do it all the time. You have a great such a warm (and very friendly) smile, wonderful hair, and a very good eye for vintage looks (adore the tie details on the sleeves here).

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very, very much for your immensely nice comment on my Saturday Snapshots post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Jess you know how to put a smile on my face. I wish, really wish, I could too. That's my favorite part to this dress. I love ties on sleeves. So cute! :) You're a great inspiration to us, Jessica!

      Delete
  7. This is such a lovely outfit, I wish you could wear vintage everyday! The little gloves are so darling. I find it can be difficult with this type of neckline to wear necklaces... Maybe a little choker style locket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Me too, I love how simple, but elegant vintage can be. That's a great idea, I'll most definitely have to search my jewelry box and see if I have one.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe I haven't been following you, I though I was! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks for the follow! :) Thank you! I love this dress so much.

      Delete