22 January, 2013

Behind the Seams {Mona Lisa Smile}

Not too long ago my sis and I finally watched the 1950's based film Mona Lisa Smile, featuring Julia Roberts, Kirsten Dunst, Julia Stiles, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Ginnifer Goodwin. The only reason I wanted to watch it was for Ginny Goodwin, she's a new favorite actress of mine. Soon, I really did enjoy the film and the many different characters.


I did however wish it featured Ginny more. Her character Connie Baker, was so darn cute!!

Betty was so prim and proper.

I could relate to Joan a bit. It's hard trying to decide what will ultimately make you happy.

Giselle, is someone I dearly had empathy for her. She is a fantastic character.

Katherine was a good character and I enjoyed watching her evolve as the girls did too.

Connie is precious. I think everything about her, I could relate to. :)



Katherine is a college art history teacher and through her class shows the girls of Welsey a new way to see the world around them.

I adore the fashion!! Pendleton 49er's and circle skirts, to my favorite the denim dungarees!!






I thoroughly enjoyed the film and love all the the parallels they added to modern day college girls. My one pet peeve...For 90% of the film, the hair and make-up crew did absolutely nothing with Katherine's {Julia Roberts} hair.

Have you seen Mona Lisa Smile? What are your thoughts on the film?

14 comments:

  1. It annoys me to now end when people (real or fictional) wear beautiful stunning clothes but their hair flat and not even a hint of make-up. It takes away from both the person wearing the outfit and the outfit itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My point precisely! Other than that, the film was fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I didn't hear about this film before, but looking at those pretty 50s outfits I know I need to see it :)

    xoxo,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really thought much about it until I was reminded Ginny Goodwin was in it and now I'm so glad I saw it.

      Delete
  3. I remember when this came out about a decade now. I was dying to see it at the time, but for whatever reason (don't recall now), didn't get a chance. I forgot about in the years since, but will track it down now for sure. Thank you so much for reminding me about this 50s themed movie - can't wait to finally see it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe the movie is actually that old. LOL! I can remember seeing all the advertisements for it on TV. I can even remember wondering why Julia Roberts was the only one who didn't match the rest of the cast.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen it but you can bet I'll be watching it now. The clothes and hair look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I'm sure you'll love it! The clothes, hair, and, make-up is fab!!

      Delete
  5. It was a great movie that we'll have to watch again sometime. You're right though, I do wish Ginny Goodwin had a bigger role. She stole the show though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it when it first came out but I had totally forgotten about it since then. Will have to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great movie. And I can't decide if I want to buy it, but definitely will be watching again!

      Delete
  7. I love this movie, my mom made me watch it once with her. And now it's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Swift13! First off, thank you for stopping by. I love meeting new bloggers. :) Second off, yes this movie is fab. So glad you enjoyed it too!

      Delete