31 December, 2012

Waving As the Bandwagon Passes By

Source

I'm not going to do a 2012 in review post, because if you've been a follower for long enough you know how difficult this year has truly been for me and my family. We've had tragedy hit and we've been over flooded with blessings only God could have bestowed.

Together my family and I have grown closer, forged new friendships, and I think have finally found a church where we can feel at home. With all the instability in this year, I hope 2013 is better. I pray for security. Nothing turns your life upside down when you don't have security. I am happy that so many others have had a wonderful year, I know so many who are suffering. I don't know if the Mayan's prediction was actually a crappy year, but it's really felt that way to me.

This post has a very glass-half-full mood to it and it's not my intention to bring anyone down with me. But I will happily bid 2012 farewell and welcome 2013 with open arms.

I have a few resolutions I might share with you at a later time, but at this time my one resolution I will share today...To live in the moment. For so long I've lived in the past or the future. We have no idea what the future holds and we don't know if we're promised tomorrow. So cautious me is going to live life.

That's all for now. I wish you all a blessed New Year! Good-bye 2012.

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sean, I hope next year will be better for you and you'll be able to post a full glass:))) Good bye 2012 and welcome to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanna!! So far 2013 hasn't been so bad, even if I'm sick again. :-/

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Sean. Welcome in the New Year with hope for many more blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I appreciate that. I wish the same for you!

      Delete
  3. I really do hope you have a happy new year... It does seem to have been a year of turmoil for you so here's to happy days of living in the Now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy has it! I'm already enjoying 2013 better than 2012!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Sean! I hope 2013 brings you much joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, RetroGran! {I apologize if I haven't caught your name. I'm so bad at names!!} Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! I'm sure that next year will be great for you and everyone out there. It took me most of my adult life to find a church that we are both comfortable in. It really makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) We had a church, that we as a family attended over ten years ago and LOVED, but sadly it closed and we had to search elsewhere.

      Delete
  6. Dear Sean, it has been a joy to get to know you and your blog better throughout 2012, and to find your endlessly lovely comments waiting for me over at mine. It pains me to know how much you've endured this year, and want you know how much I admire your strength, tenacity, spirit and optimism in the face of all of it.

    With all my heart, I truly wish you a year ahead that is a million times better than the last.

    Love,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Jess, I feel the same way. I've made many good friends through blogger. I have enjoyed reading your posts and have been touched by all of your kind and generous words. I am truly touched! :)

      Delete