03 December, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Week 5 {Belated}

Source

This post really should have been last week, not today. I dunno how the week got away from me, but it did. So here's this year's final post on NaNoWriMo 2012.

I recently got my manuscript of SOTH back from my mom who was reading/critiquing it and I'm still plugging along with my other WIP so two novels at once...pretty easy since one is 98% complete. Just one more draft!!! Whooohooo! Then off to the agents my little manuscript goes!

Back to NaNoWriMo, I had loads of fun this year! I never attempted NaNo before and I think I might try it again next year, who knows?? I am trying my best to get back into the swing of things. I've been typing up my handwritten chapters to get myself in the mood for the WIP once more.

I still don't know what might happen in the next chapter and it's so exciting. Because although I know the overall outcome I want, there's so many doors to open that will lead me down different paths for this new manuscript. I can see why the classic writers wrote like this, it's quite exhilarating.

Okay, this is totally off topic, but I have a rant that I need to get off my chest....I absolutely abhor how people, even people I love, tell me how to write. I'm a writer I know how to write. It's my job, if I don't get it by now I must be an idiot. I don't tell you how to do your job, I don't want people to tell me how to do mine!!

Whew, I feel better now.


All for now....

10 comments:

  1. Ha! Well, offloading here is probably better than punching someone in the face! You always sound extremely dedicated to your writing and I greatly admire you for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it's good I don't work in an office. No one needs an occupational 'accident' from me! Thanks, Dame. Everyone's support really does mean the world to me!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get one of your books published in the new year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanna! One of my goals is at least to get it as far as a contract for publication!!!

      Delete
  3. It is nothing short of hat doffingly impressive that you've written so much in such a very short amount of time. I'm super proud of you, my friend, and hope dearly that your new book is able to find a publisher quickly.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, thank you!! I'm glad I have so much support here and at home! :) Thank you. I assure that I when I get that far I'll be updating here for you all to read!!

      Delete
  4. You are amazing, doing two at once. More power to you. Can't wait to see them in print. That's the best part about being an author; being your own boss. Well, until you get to the agents and editors. But that's the bitter-sweetness about being an author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think amazing, more like crazy. LOL! Thanks, I can't wait either! Ain't it the truth?! You work and strive so hard to become your own boss, then you're working for the publishers. Ugh!

      Delete
  5. I really hope the agents like your work! I know how much you want to be published someday!

    Also, pardon my naivety, but what's the different between critiquing someone's work, and telling them how to write? I'm sorry if I've ever told you how to write before, and offended you.

    ~Ashley W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley!! I really hope so, too!!

      Critiquing is editing. When people tell me how to write, they don't mean to, but it's in a demeaning way. And most of them aren't even writers themselves. Oh, dear, it's not you, please don't think that. It was some friends of mine who were 'helping' me and in the end just made me angry.

      Delete