26 December, 2012

Blah, Blah, Blah

Source
That's about how I've been feeling lately, too. Just Blah!! About a week ago I came down with the flu, just in time for Christmas and between being light headed, throbbing headaches, and nausea, I haven't been up to a new blog post. My mind just hasn't been in it. And it hasn't been in my writing either, my manuscript has been left untouched for over a week. How neglectful of me!! On top of that my allergies have been going crazy because it hasn't been cold enough to kill off the allergens.

We are getting Blizzard Euclid today and it's quite pretty outside. All the doggies enjoyed frolicking in the fresh snow. I wish I could take pictures, buuuutt....our camera died this week, before Christmas no less. All I have is my camera phone and the quality just isn't that good.

I promise when we get a new camera I'll be back to outfit posts and pictures of our new little one which I've yet to introduce on this blog. We adopted a new baby a couple months ago and although I've uploaded some pics of him to Facebook, not all of you are friends with me so you can't see his adorable little face.

In the meantime I hope you've noticed all the changes that have gone on with my blog layout. I was able to get this new look with the help of the lovely Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage. I had noticed that Bunny's Vintage Victory was just stunning and came down with blog envy. That's been remedied when Brittany offered to help me and slowly The Fictionista has been transformed. I'm so very thankful for Brittany's help. I'm not as talented as she is in web graphics, I rely mostly on picmonkey and befunky for help {I currently don't own any photo editing programs like adobe or corel}.

I know this is a short post, but I don't really have much news. I'd love to do a post on the items I received for Christmas. But like I said, no camera!!

I hope you all have had a fabulous Christmas filled with lots of love and blessings!

10 comments:

  1. :( Hope you start feeling better! If you are looking for photo editing software, I use Picasa. It isn't super fancy like photoshop but it is free and has some nice features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have good days and bad, but I can kick this darn flu! YUCK! I just downloaded it, so I'm looking forward to playing around with it.

      Delete
  2. Feel better.....we have not had any snow yet in this part of IN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! We got a nice white blanket, about 5". But I definitely DON'T consider that a blizzard weather.

      Delete
  3. Oh noes, can't believe you got sick! I hope you're feeling better soon... merry late Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's that time of year again. Ugh! Thank you, Dame!! :) Merry Christmas to you to, dear!

      Delete
  4. Poor dear! I've had Christmases when I was struck ill with nasty bugs, too, and it's just soooo unfair feeling to be sick during this time of the year. I'm very sorry that it happened to you and hope deeply that you'll soon be on the mend.

    Your blog is looking super fantastic! Brittany does such wonderful work!

    Sending you countless healing wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too, maybe it's because of all the stress of Christmas we just get sick. Thank you!!

      She did!! I'm so greatful. I don't think I could ever have done something this chic and pretty!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, it's certainly no fun to be sick around this time of year. :( I hope your recovery will be swift and the new year starts with you feeling better than ever!

    Your blog is looking absolutely lovely with its new layout! Oh, and thank you for following mine, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Inky! :) I'm looking forward to the new year!!! YAY, I just love my new blog look. Sorry I didn't do it sooner, I kept telling myself to search for your blog and finally I got mu butt in gear and did it! :)

      Delete