18 October, 2012

Writers

Writers are unique people. We hear voices, see visions, and have the occasional breakdown from writers block...well, maybe I'm the only one who has the breakdowns, but that's another story for another day.

Our fuel is caffeine. Our work hours, as long as our brain will allow it. Social life {at least for me} is lived through the computer. Oh, and the voices we hear in our head, see we do have many friends.






I found this on a FB friends page. I think I need this.

I'm sure you've seen some of these going around on FB.

Ah, the life of a writer. See how glamorous it really is!! All right, you can stop laughing now.

10 comments:

  1. Oh so true! Especially about seeing visions, and hearing voices. :) I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish other people would realize this about us!

      Delete
  2. I agree! And writer's block can certainly be super frustrating! It always irritates me when I see the Audrey Hepburn movie "Paris When It Sizzles" referred to as cheesy because sometimes that's just the way the writing process goes and when writer's block is involved you never know what direction it's going to take. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Inky!! Writers NEVER, and I mean NEVER, know when our kryptonite will get at us. Usually when I dislike a movie it's due to the actors or plot, not the writing.

      Delete
    2. Definitely!! One minute you can write, the next you can't!

      Like you my dislike is usually either because of the actors or plot. In this case I was referring to the movie itself, which is about the writing process. It's about a man who has had writer's block for a few months and has to write a script in two days because of it, which leads to some interesting musings about what he wants to write. :) Anyway, ultimate funny movie about writer's block and the places it takes you! If you like Hepburn and Holden, I'd totally recommend it!

      Delete
    3. Oh, okay. I didn't realize that. That does sound good. I love Audrey! Such a classy dame!! I will try and get it next time it's on TCM.

      Delete
  3. Great post! So true! Writers are people who have never given up their imaginary friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific post, dear Sean. The humorous Someecard brought a mile wide grin my way :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete