08 October, 2012

To Many Changes

Source
Did anyone ask for an update??? No, well let's do one anyway...

There's been a whole heck of a lot going on in my life, a lot not so good and a lot very good. Recently we had a two car garage built so we can have enough room for the family vehicle and Dad's classic car. {I really need to do a post on it. It's a 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe!! Such a beauty!} It's so nice and when you step inside it, it almost feels like it's not yours. The newness is still present, so everything feels awkward. I imagine in a year it'll be like we've always had it.

We as a family have been searching for a new church to attend, but it's turning out more difficult than we expected. There's been so much going on in our lives that just wells up and sort of bursts by the time Sunday gets here. Sunday is also one of our hardest days because that's the day Dad passed away. To top it all off so many darn changes have been happening that we haven't had a whole lot of time to get back to our normal. I really like the guys who are doing construction work at our house, they've come to our rescue more than once and I'm so grateful for them.

My WIP: SOTH is in it's finishing stages. My sister who willingly edits it on a professional level says it's all pretty much there, and just needs some smoothing over before I start querying literary agents. Which makes me ober-nervous. I've never gotten that far with a manuscript before. And naturally when you finish one manuscript, you start another. I now have another word tracker for a novel with the working title, I Walk Alone...what do you think?? Bad...good?? Sometimes I'm really good at book titles and other times I just hit and miss.

I Walk Alone, takes place in Indiana {Of course!} in the 1830s. I love my Indiana and love the early state history, so I have a few manuscripts that will be in the rural point of Indiana's history. I'm kinda excited/apprehensive starting this new project. It's been in the planning stages for almost a year. I'm not as familiar with the characters as I was with SOTH or even TOS {which has been shelved, proverbially that is. I'll talk more of that in a different post.} I'm going to jump into it today ans hopefully all will go well!

I'm guessing that's all for now. Hope your lives are all going well. Blessings to you all!

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, this has been one rough year and I'll be tap dancing when its over. Here is to 2013, may it be a good one! It can't be any worse than 2012.

    Ooh, a new story! Exciting! If its the one I'm thinking of, I can't wait to read it. Watch out readers, there is a new author on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2013 here we come!!! I will be so happy when this year is DONE!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are super busy! I hope you'll post pictures of your dad's car:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy has it ever!! I will. I have some old ones of when we got "The Baby" and I'm gonna scan them and post them sometime.

      Delete
  3. OOOOH! please do a post of your dad car, i would love it!
    I think that sounds like a wonderful title! I dont think i'm very good at picking tiles for my stories, but I WALK ALONE sounds so mysteryous and alluring. Good job!
    As always, i cnat wait to hear more!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already planning it! :) That's what I was thinking, but it's a working title so nothing's written in stone yet. Thanks, Beth, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Love the title and it sounds interesting! I hope things calm down more as we head from the fall into the winter. Busy is good but is exhausting-I know! hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny! I'm not sure how I feel yet, but I love all the feedback I've been getting from all of you! Me too, Lord knows I am so eager to wave this year good-bye.

      Delete
  5. I would love to get a chance to read something you've written one day (besides blogs obviously!) The new title sounds a teensy bit depressing maybe? But I guess it's hard to tell without knowing more of the story. I should really read more American historical novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks, Dame! Yeah, I sorta think that too, so that's why it's a working title cause I can't decide whether it'll deter readers or not....time will tell. I'll tell more about the story later on. I need to write a short synopsis for you all and then maybe work on a temp book cover. I do love historical novels because I so often feel I was born in the wrong period! :)

      Delete
  6. How exciting that your story has progressed so splendidly close to completion! I'm immensely proud of you and hope with all my heart that you'll have no trouble finding a publisher for it (if I was a publishing company, I'd print your book in a nanosecond!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you so much, Jessica!! Having you and so many other's in my corner rooting for me really means the world to me. And if you did have a publishing company, I'd be honored to be apart of it!!

      Delete