07 October, 2012

Snow White's Hair

No this isn't Mary Margaret's lovely pixie cut. This post is about the 1930s Snow White Disney cartoon. For a little while now I've been loving the bobbed curls that Disney gave Snow. Probably because it was created in the 1930s, but I love it.

I've recently joined Deviant Art and found some spectacular pictures I thought I'd share with you.





This style is probably my favorite.

And the waves of this style is just lovely.

I think I have to search YouTube to find a hair tutorial for Snow's hair. My hair is about the perfect length for this look and I haven't done a wet set in a while and kinda want to try this.

What do you think? Are you interested in the Snow White style? 

8 comments:

  1. Love all these interpretations of Snow White.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are interesting. I found thousands on this art site, but not all were this cool.

      Delete
  2. So cute! I've been so inspired by Snow White lately. I've decided to get the Mary Margaret pixie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too. Whoohoo, you only live once!!

      Delete
  3. These are just amazing! I can't say as though I've given Disney heroins much thought throughout my adult life, but all of your wonderful posts on the subject as of late suddenly have me pining to be a fairy tale princess once more.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with it lately and I find the vintage in all of it. Like Snow's hair is so 1930s insp because the movie came out in '37. LOL! I think I'm one of those perpetual children who still dreams of entering an enchanted castle like Belle or saving her people like Mulan. :)

      Delete
  4. Have you seen the old 30's film?? Its so pathetic and funny. These are lovely artworks, I think the last one is my favourite because of the clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know I'm not a huge fan of the original Snow White cartoon, except for her hair! I much prefer the Snow in OUAT.

      Delete