09 October, 2012

NaNoWriMo Challenge

Source
Every November is National Novel Writing Month {aka...NaNoWriMo} and this year I'm going to try and join the challenge along with other writers. I kinda have a fantasy piece I've been wanting to work on so I'm gonna give it a go. Besides it's just for fun, no pressure to get this one published. I might want to in the future revise it and see what happens but as for now I'm just wanting to write and see where it takes me.

I'm making my goal of 40,000 words {I know it says 50,000 on the website, but I always do things my own way), which really isn't a lot if you think about it. Most novels are well over a 100,000. Just take a look at Anna Karenina or Atlas Shrugged. So with 40,000 I think it'll be no problem writing it alongside my new WIP. And of course I'll blog about the process.

If there is anyone else jumping onto the bandwagon, please drop me a comment, I'd love to know what your plans are for NaNoWriMo!!

8 comments:

  1. What a terrific challenge to take part in! While I won't be hopping on the bandwagon myself, I'll definitely be cheering you on every step of the way and really hope you reach your goal.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS*

    It's very cool that we're the same height! Moderately high fives all around for us 5'2" lasses! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am so excited about it!

      PS. Very! :) Petite power!!

      Delete
  2. How very neat! This sounds like a lot of fun... i might try it!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that'd be cool. If you do I can't wait to see what you might come up with.

      Delete
  3. Yay, you go girl!!! Can't wait to read what you come up with. Do you have to finish it within the month of November? Or just begin then? Either, Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sis! I really need to get that to you. Sheesh, you'd think it'd be easy since we live in the same house. LOL! I think you have to and I'm not sure I can, but I wanna try.

      Delete
  4. I noticed we were commenting on the same things on several blogs, so I decided to look at your blog and I’m certainly happy I did!

    For several years I’ve considered participating in NaNoWriMo, but I never actually have because I tend to be more of a poetry and short story writer and being given a goal of how many words is a bit off putting to me (Yay, for 40,000 words instead!). However, I've had an idea brewing for awhile and with the way it’s progressing I think it’s going to be considerably longer than what I normally write, so maybe this year. :) Hope you reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Inky, thank you for stopping by!! :)

      I did change the goal to suit my needs, it's supposed to be 50,000, but I'm going for 40,000. We'll see how it goes. If you do join us, I wish you all the luck!!

      Delete