08 August, 2012

This and That {Update}

It's been a while since I've done a personal post, so I thought I'd bore you with one now. I don't really know what to title this post, most of my witty skills are tapped out.

This past Saturday we went out to eat with my Mom's brother and his family. Because our cousin is going back to college this fall and it'd be a while before we would be able to all get together again. Had so much fun. Family time is my absolute favorite thing. That same day, my Aunt B. called and she informed us an adoptive Aunt had passed that morning. Veronica and I were so close to her when we were kids that though we were white and she was black, she became out Aunt. We haven't been able to see her in a while, but none the less there is another visitation to attend. I hate visitations and we've sure been to our share this year.

I've been attempting to grow out my hair once more, hopefully to my waist this time. All in hopes of donating it. I have about shoulder length hair now, so I got a ways to go before it's at my waist. And all of this hot weather is tempting me to hack it all off into this adorable pixie cut I've been admiring lately. I must be strong!!

Really doing my best, which isn't my best really, to shed some weight/inches off of me. Stepping on the scale this morning didn't help. I'm also about ready to deck Billy Banks {of Tae-Bo} because half way through one of his tapes I felt like I could collapse I was so tired. But I've done Tae-Bo before and the results were quite beneficial. I lost weight, felt great, and even looked great. My thing is just sticking with it every day or every other day. {I had some great work out pants do the exercise in, thanks to Joanna at Dividing Moments. Thanks, Joanna!}

Another thing, we changed our ISP. Thank goodness we're through with Joink {local ISP}!! Now we have Road Runner and I don't really have any complaints. Except for the fact I forgot to change the email for my twitter account and then forgot my password. Humph!! So, I do have another account, but I don't want to use the name "The Vintage Dame" for it. I want to use it for this blog, too. Anyway, this is where you come in. I need your help choosing a new username. I could use some suggestions and thoughts on the list I've compiled for usernames.

OnceUponANovel
TheFictionista
WorkInProgress

Let me know what you think, sometimes my titles/usernames can be so cheesy. 

10 comments:

  1. I kinda love both "The Fictionista" and "A Work in Progress".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate your input. I really like The Fictionista so it can match the blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, it looks like it's getting the most votes!

      Delete
  3. I'm very sorry to hear about your adoptive's Aunt passing. You've had such a rough string of events over the past several months, dear Sean. I will continue to hope dearly that no further losses or highly stressful events befall you and your family.

    On a more upbeat note, The Fictionista gets my vote, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica, dear!! Your words mean a lot to me. :)

      Yep, I think now I have to go with TheFictionista, everyone is voting for it!

      Delete
  4. I really like either of your first 2 options, though my personal preference is The Fictionista.
    I think its wonderful you are going to donate you hair - years of patience to be rewarded in an admirable feat. And I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's passing - god knows (literally!) you've had enough loss to deal with in the past 12 months. I hope you're doing ok with that.
    I've been upping my yoga sessions - keep on keeping on with that tae-bo!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll change it shortly to TheFictionista since it's such a hit. :)

      I've done it before and then attempted to do it again and again then my eyes see a cute hairstyle and I get temptations. Eeek!! Really going to try and go through with it this time.

      Thank you, for your kind words. I wish we were closer to Aunt Nancy as we were when we were little girls. But I know where she is and it's a great peace of mind!

      Hmm, I've never done yoga. I hear it's supposed to be relaxing. I might have to get one of those DVD's on it see if it'll help me too! Thanks, it's hard, but I definitely will!

      Delete
  5. TheFictionista would coincide with this blog, but I think OnceUponaNovel sounds cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just wish I could have used either one.

      Delete