20 August, 2012

Rosie the Reviewer {Upcoming Review}

Okay, like that title??? My friend Ashley, was so sweet as to come up with it for me. Between my love for books and 1940s/WWII, it's perfect for me!!

Recently I've come across some interesting fantasy/fairy tale retellings on goodreads by Cameron Jace. The series is his "Grimm Diaries Prequels". Which features, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Ridding Hood, and Cinderella. However I couldn't read them, they're on kindle. I have a nook. Yes, I was disappointed because I seriously need a fairy tale fix with an edgy twist because it's a little more than a month till Once Upon A Time airs.

To make this long story short, I contact the author and he's wanting me to review the first book in the series, "Snow White, Blood Red". I really like the cover. Okay, I like all the book covers.


I hope all goes well and I'm very curious as to what all happens and after reading a snippet on amazon, I'm already wanting more. I consider that a good sign.

6 comments:

  1. I like your name! :) And I'm confused....you said it's a little more than a month until "Once Upon A Time" airs....I saw that it was on last night. Maybe it was a rerun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! Yeah, they're showing episodes from season 1 leading up to season 2!! So happy!!!

      Delete
  2. Cool title! I am looking forward to your review. Does our library have the book? If you like it, I might end up reading it. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll tell you more about it later. Really looking forward to reviewing it.

      Delete
  3. Kudos to Ashley! That is such a charmingly fantastic title and its works splendidly for a vintage lover like yourself.

    Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on my vintage outfit post today, dear Sean. That hat is one of my favourites, too, as - while certainly summery thanks to the light colour - it tends to work well all year long, going just as nicely with wool coats and it does cotton sundresses.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, Jessica. I'm kinda in love with it myself. It is just prefect.

      Awe, you're welcome, dear! Oh, yes, I can imagine it would. It's just perfect. And seeing all your lovely hats makes me want to expand my hat collection and search for more.

      Delete