13 August, 2012

Insert Post Title Here

Because so much is kinda going on, it's time for another this and that post. Yes, I still can't come up with a stinkin' title for these things.

Yesterday we decided it was time for an upgrade and said good-bye to our outdated PC. The PC served its purpose while we had it, and a friend had given it to us since she barely used it. Now upon our desktop sits a Toshiba laptop. YAY!! I love Toshiba and I love laptops and ever Toshiba we have ever had has lasted us a LONG time.

Anyway, it is Windows 7, so it's super fast compared to XP, which we used to browse on. It even has a webcam....so...I'm hoping to do a video shortly. I played around with it today and it's pretty cool. I love technology.

Next topic up...we're getting our garage torn down. Thanks to the help of our terrific neighbor, K. He was a close friend of Dad's and he is really more like family than a neighbor. He also helped us move Dad's '47 Plymouth, or as we call her The Baby, to be stored while our garage is being rebuilt. I honestly don't know what we'd do without all of our friends. We really are so blessed.

Reading "Crossing Oceans" by a new author Gina Holmes. It's not too bad. I like the protagonist and it's not super preachy like spiritual fiction usually is. This comes across realistic and even endearing. If I like it by the end, I'll try and do a review on it. It's been a while since I've done a book review. I normally steer clear of spiritual fiction, because they just seem to be so unrealistic....anyone else feel the same way? Which is why when I write I try to do the opposite. I do my best to bring the reality back into fiction.

On another note, as in my last post I was pretty dejected about my whole weight loss situation. I was able to lose some, but sort of fell off the exercise wagon, yes again, because I was doing a lot of work Fri and Sat to help with the garage and The Baby. So I need to get my butt in gear and get back to Tae-Bo tomorrow. :::crosses fingers:::

Finally, also in my last post, I was getting advice on usernames for Twitter. I really appreciate all of your input. However, silly me forgot to see if the usernames I came up with were even available. Which they weren't, naturally. So check the Twitter tab at the top of the page and it'll bring you to my page which shows you my choice on a username.

I hope your Monday has gone well, I'm not much of a Monday person. I always look forward to TGIF!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sean! (this is Ashley Wengerd). I'm hoping it'll let me publish a comment on here; one time it wouldn't let me. >;(

    We have XP too, and although it took me a while to get used to it, I love it! :)

    I too need to get my butt in gear and lose weight. I've been feeling so fat and ugly lately, and I know working out would help me feel better. And I always look forward to TGIF too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is weird. Blogger can act up sometimes. Glad it worked for you now!!

      Windows 7 rocks!!! Love it! :)

      Oh, girl, you're far from fat and ugly. You're one of the most beautiful people I know.

      Delete
  2. I too tend to avoid spiritual fiction. It's just so unrealistic. The characters tend to be cookie cutter and their "battles" are nothing like the things real people deal with in real life. I do like Francine Rivers (especially Redeeming Love!). I've been reading veraciously since I discovered books in the fourth grade so I don't waste time on crappy books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly!!!! Life's too short to read crap! :)

      I have tried to read hers and {even Redeeming Love} and just didn't get into it. I do however really like Tosca Lee and Jack Cavanaugh.

      Delete
  3. Glad that you like the computer. Its amazing, though it will take some getting used to.

    I hear you about religious fiction. Its hard to find anything worth while. I tend to just stick with the classics or children's books. Its pretty bad when the only thing good is stuff for children. :~)

    Yeah, you'd think we would have lost something from Saturday. But, nope. I'm never that lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm already beginning to adjust. Love this computer!!!!!!!!!!!

      Yeah, sometimes it's the classics that are just the best reads!! I'd give the book I'm reading now about a 3 compared to all the 0 or 1 stars in the rest of the spiritual fiction. I like the protagonist, but some of the other characters are just....dumb I guess.

      I haven't weighed myself yet, but will tomorrow. Hopefully I get good news from that.

      Delete