23 August, 2012

Belle


I started watching the ABC show "Once Upon a Time" last year and became quite addicted to it. Well, I watched all, but one episode, the one with my all time favorite Disney princess featured no less...Belle. I like Snow White and Red and all of them, but I'm more drawn to the bad characters {The Evil Queen and Rumplestiltskin and I love Grumpy, no he's not bad, but he has a bad attitude...LOL!}.

Anyway, I missed the episode and when I was able to see the season finale I was kind of shocked to find out Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin was the beast. So I finally searched for the episode on Youtube and although I didn't see the full episode, I saw the parts with Belle and loved it! What a fun twist Once's creators threw at us. The episode "Skin Deep" which featured Belle for the first time, instantly became my favorite. And I'm not the only one, its a favorite for the show's writer Jane Espenson and actor Robert Carlyle's as well! Its been rated one of the best episodes of the first season

Actress Emilie de Ravin as Belle
Lana Parilla as The Evil Queen and Emilie de Ravin as Belle
Emilie de Ravin as Belle and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin



Mr. Gold and Belle's counterpart which her name is still a mystery to us all. I know, completely unfair!

So who else is as big of fan as I am of Belle and the whole Beauty and the Beast story?? Yes, I am one of the few adults who would still watch the old Disney cartoon musical, I love it that much! And this twist in the tv show was brilliant. Belle is going to be a regular character in season 2 of Once Upon a Time and I can't wait!!

And yes, along with tons of other ladies who are enamored with Once, I too am totally crushing on Rumpel/Mr. Gold {Well, the actor actually}. No, it wasn't Skin Deep that did it, I already had a crush on him from early on in the season. Between Rumpel's weird sense of humor {I love a man who can make me laugh, LOL} and Mr. Gold's snappy wardrobe, how could I help myself??

Someday, and hopefully sooner than later, I want to base a novel on the beauty and the beast fairy tale. Who knows, I might even make it a fantasy/fairy tale retelling....

I've taken most of my photos from FB page Once Upon a Fan and Once Upon a Time Wiki. There are loads more on there if you are interested in wasting time like I do losing yourself in the fair tale world. 

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, they are the best characters on that show. I mean, everyone else is great too, but they are my favorites. Thankfully they're a couple this next season. Hopefully...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From all the spoilers I've been reading, it sure sounds like it. :D

      Delete
  2. I love the Beauty and the Beast story. :) I love the Disney version. Belle is my favorite Disney princess. I can't wait for season 2 of Once Upon a Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just an awesome story. And it's proven to be timeless. Me either, can't Sept 30 come sooner??

      Delete
  3. The Evil Queen's costume is wickedly awesome! I always liked Beauty and The Beast a lot too, though my very favourite childhood fairy tale (and Disney cartoon movie) was Sleeping Beauty.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I love her wardrobe! I hear Once is going to be featuring her in one of the first episodes of the season!! :D

      Delete
  4. Ooh yes, B&B is my favourite Disney cartoon ever and I watch it all the time. Have you read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton? I think you might like it. Am SO looking forward to season 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm not alone! No, I haven't, I'll go check it out on goodreads. I'm always looking for new books to read. Thanks!

      Me too!! :)

      Delete