15 July, 2012

Recent Finds

This past well, well a little over a week, I've had a lot of new items added into my wardrobe. I've got some repro items and authentic vintage pieces to show you, that I'm pretty excited about.


A few days ago we went to CVS and I wanted to look at their hair products and came away with a new roller set and plastic Scunci hair combs {which I love, it even holds my thick hair!!}. I have a review of the hair rollers coming up this week.



Then we went to our favorite antique mall, which has recently added a vintage/antique clothing booth!! Makes me very happy! I found a lovely vintage hat, I believe it to be 50's. It's so cute and we still have summer, so this will be worn!



I also found a vintage girdle/garter belt. It's in good condition, with hardly any stains. It needs some new laces and then I can wear it. I can hardly believe I found this for under $10. And in MY size no less! There is only one issue. I have no idea how old it is. I've searched on-line {from 30s to 60s}and none have the lace up grommets on them, only hook and eyes. So can you tell me how old it is?? Because I'm stumped!


Then there is this lovely 60's sun dress. The embroidery is so nice! It's a little smaller, but I know I can get into it. It's just an inch or two smaller than me!


Along with the other items purchased at the antique mall, I got a pattern which I've been wanting for quite sometime, in my size, and for a lot less than original price! Whoohoo!



Thanks to The Girl with the Star-Spangled Heart, I now have a pair of reproduction Freddies of Pinewood jeans!! I'm pretty excited about it. I've been drooling over Freddie's jeans for about two years now and was determined one day they would be in my wardrobe. And now, they are!



I'm not done yet, there are shoes too. I snagged a pair of vint insp brown oxfords on ebay a week ago and just love them. The brand is Mia 2. I don't really know it. I thrift most of my clothes or buy vintage {I hate to pay retail, so most of my clothes are sale/bargain rack items}. Then my sister gave me a pair of blue wedge sandals, which I have the same pair in red. :-) I love the style so they'll get a lot of wear!


12 comments:

  1. Awesome finds! I love the blue checked dress. You know how rare it is to find the belt with these dresses:) Looking forward to your review of the rollers. I've been thinking about buying the Sculpture Pin Curl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been very lucky the last couple of dresses I've found have had the matching belt, cool! So have I. If you get one, let us know how it works.

      Delete
  2. Omg your finds are super great! Esp the Freddie jeans!! You know you have to model them now right??? *wink* xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's my prize of the haul!! Someday, need to shed some lbs before I model pants for you all. :)

      Delete
  3. I love circle skirts and they really are so easy to sew! And I'm so happy you love the Freddies! They'd been languishing in the too big pile for a while now. I too have a new (to me) pair but it's just been entirely too hot to even think about jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too and I have none, so this is perfect! Thanks again! I know what you mean, I'm tired of the heat, so ready for fall!

      Delete
  4. Its been quite a week for you! Awesome assortment!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm really excited! And the best part is, we're the same size so what is mine consider it yours, too, sis!! :)

      Delete
  5. What a fantastic haul! I just love that skirt pattern of course and those blue shoes are so cute! The girdle is a great find but I have no clue how to determine its age. No labels? Can't wait to see you modelling all your fab finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've been searching for circle skirts for sometime, now I can make them. I don't think there are any labels, I'll be sure to check again. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. There is so very much to love (and covet! ;D) in this post full of new (to you) treasures. From that enchantingly pretty purple hat (I would have swooped down on it in a heartbeat, too) to the completely charming gingham dress, it's all thoroughly fantastic!

    Wishing you an endlessly lovely week ahead, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I realized later on last evening, I forgot another hat. Oh, well. They were the total steals of the haul, which makes me love them even more!

      Awe, thanks, same to you dear. Wishing you warmer temps. :)

      Delete