20 July, 2012

Rosie the Reviewer {First Evolve Foam Rollers}


I purchased a set of First Evolve Go Satin rollers a few days ago at CVS pharmacy and decided to give them a try. The rollers are a set of 30 with sizes of Small, Medium, Large, and Jumbo {as seen in the picture}. The set is basically foam rollers with a clip like the regular dollar store foam rollers.



My Thoughts:
Twice I have had the chance to use them and so far really like the results. I haven't used them on all of my hair because I don't have enough in the large and medium sizes yet, so I used some of my old dollar store foam rollers which worked well. But for the hair framing my face, I made sure to use the satin rollers and was very pleased.

On the package it says it will curl your hair without stripping it of its moisture, which I found to be true. The curls were very shiny and manageable, where are the other rollers were so-so. I also thought that they felt the same to sleep on as the regular rollers, so if you thought the regular ones were uncomfortable, don't expect these to be any different. I don't think foam rollers are too uncomfortable, not like Velcro rollers {ick, I hate those!!!}. The curl keeps in just as long as the others, pin curling is probably the best way to get strong curls, but I don't know how to do that yet.

The only thing I thought might bother people is the smoothness of the rollers will slip, so hold onto the hair until it's rolled pretty well so the ends don't fall out.


On the whole, I am quite satisfied with my purchase. And to top it all off, the plastic in the case can double as a traveling bag for your rollers when you're on the go. I usually keep my rollers in my 31 bag I got with my Thirty-one purse for Christmas a couple years ago. I personally don't care for the quality of Thirty-one, but this bag isn't bad.



Anyway, I hope all of this was helpful and let me know if you decide to purchase it and let me know your thoughts. The rollers aren't perfect, but 4 out of 5 stars isn't bad.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you like the rollers. I think it makes a difference when trying to get the vintage look. I bought a Sculpture Pin Curl set. I'm excited to try it. I didn't think I'd have the patience to manually do pin curls. Did you put the roller in during the day and wait for your hair to dry? Thanks for sharing your review!


    http://dividingmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I've been contemplating getting one. I've seen Va-Voom Vintage and Vixen Vintage use them and the styles come out pretty well. No, I did a wet set at night before bed. I primed my hair with suave volumizing mousse and motions foaming hair wrap lotion. No problem. :)

      Delete
  2. Your hair looked great after you rolled it with these rollers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, maybe sometime I can do this with your hair!

      Delete
  3. Lovely review, dear Sean, thank you for sharing your take on these roller. I've eyed them on eBay a few times before, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I tend to use small to medium sized rollers, so I'm not sure if I'd put the bigger sizes to use and might need to packs then to get enough of the smaller sizes (not that I have tons of hair, mind you, but I don't like to scrimp too much when rolling). If I found them for a good bargain, knowing that you rate them fairly highly, I think I'd get them for sure now.

    Wishing you a stellar weekend, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! Yeah,I use the medium to large and the small for the short hairs on my neck. I think I might have to get another set as well, especially as my hair grows longer. The ones at CVS {our CVS that is} was around $10. So if on ebay, I would try to get them for $8 or less to get a great deal.

      Delete