15 March, 2012

Reaching my goals {My WIP}

I would have to say it was about a year ago I began my current WIP {Sacrifices of the Heart} a novel set in early Victorian Indiana. It still needs a lot of work before I would think about letting others read it, but I’m rather proud of it.

Currently SOTH, my novel, is 170 pages {single spaced}, 26 chapters {including a prologue and an epilogue}, and 91,944 words. My goal is 95,000 words, about 10,000 more than planned.

Isn’t it cool when you not only reach your goals, but exceed them?!

I’ve written two novels. {SOTH will most likely be the first one I finish.} And I can’t believe I was able to write over 90,000 words. I’m not sure how it happened or when it happened, but slowly my WIP grew. The first draft was 70,000 {or a little over} and I believe 75,000 words would be considered a novel. Again, how did that happen exactly???

I give all credit to God!

The novel isn’t quite complete. I have a couple of more chapters to add and I try and keep them at least 3,000 long. Sometimes they are 4,000, on good days that is. Then some chapters are under 3,000 and I would very much like for them to be longer.

That is about all for now! Good luck fellow writers with your WIP’s!

2 comments:

  1. This story is fabulous and will be even more so when it is finished. The world will be amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Veronica Leigh - Awe, thanks! You're really too kind!

    ReplyDelete