19 March, 2012

Ladies and Gents??

So what ever happened to actual ladies and gentlemen? I’ve been pondering this for a while now and have to ask. And I’ve always been quite the vintage enthusiast, loving all the class and glamour of the eras of elegance. But all of that just seemed to fade away. In this generation of reality TV and sexting, it seems like ladies and gentlemen are becoming extinct. I know I’ll probably get some flack for this, but it’s something that has really been bothering me.

Lately I was referred to as “a piece of trash”. Now this man isn’t a gentleman in my opinion, because in my belief no man and/or gentleman would refer to a lady as “a piece of trash”. I refuse to reduce myself to petty name calling. I thought it would be childish, unladylike, and lowering my standards to his level of person.

I’ve pretty much been called every name in the book. By both men and women and none of them were acting ladylike/gentlemanlike in their behavior. My parents have raised me and my sister to act ladylike. Now, I may not be as classy my Mother or as my Grandma’s, but I learned from them and my Mother on how a true lady should act.

This post isn’t about how people dress or lifestyle, but just one of manners and behavior. Anyone else as perturbed as I am about lack of manners and proper behavior?? Call me old fashioned, but I wish for the long lost eras where women were ladies and men were gentlemen.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you 100%. whatever happened to ladies and gentlemen? I do my best to be a gracious, plesant, woman of grace and a good reflction of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and to be a good example to younger girls. YOu know why? because that's how i was tought. My mom and dad instilled in me a fear (rspect) for people, starting with respecting the Lord, my parents and treating others the way i want to be treated. So mmy opinion is that it starts at home. If parents dont teach their kids to respect others then what do they do? call people trash. Now, that's not to say that no one trained him to be a gentleman, but it really does start at home, with outselves!
    Thanks so much for posting!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete