06 July, 2011

Writing Anniversary

This year marks the 10th anniversary of my journey as a writer. I have had my ups and downs and it’s been an interesting journey.

My first real book plot was, surprisingly enough, was set in the late 30’s and early 40’s in Nazi Germany. I was only eleven-years-old at the time and had been researching WWII and the Holocaust since I was nine. (Which might not have been best thing for me at the time, but it has shaped me into who I am today.) That is when my idea for my first real novel began. What started it all, was when my sister received The Diary of Anne Frank as a birthday present for her twelfth birthday. After that, I was hooked. I was also just learning the world of the Internet and spent most of my time doing research on the Frank family and the Holocaust. Then before I knew it, I was jotting down ideas for a possible novel about a Jew who was in heart of Nazi Germany.

Ten years later, the idea is still being developed. It was about five years ago I had to put the story on the back burner to pursue other alternatives before I would be able to write the novel. It has never been completed and probably won’t be for another twelve to fifteen years.

Although I am currently writing about the 1840’s in America, that first story I thought up ten years ago will always be close to my heart. And I look forward to the day when I will be able to complete it and see it in print.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! I remember when you first started on that. There was another early story that comes to mind that you were working on about that same time. It was set in Indiana in 1800 and the girl was part of a large family.
    You have come so far. Congratulate yourself on your many successes.

    ReplyDelete