28 June, 2011

Book Suggestions

As of late I’ve been trying to get some pleasure reading into my schedule. Either late at night before I go to bed, if I happen to have some insomnia, or on Sunday’s when I am having some down time.

Though each novel I have chosen (with the exception of one novel The Looking Glass by Richard Paul Evans) I have read some duds and did not bother to finish them because their irritated me so. A couple of the novels I picked up were a few years old. I generally like the author, who is a lovely person. However the novels were unrealistic to the period and had some contradictions in them. The other novel I had won recently in a giveaway and chose to read that one first. I wish I hadn’t tried to win the novel. After the ‘hero’ in it thought the heroine would be “easy to manage” I decided not to finish it and it will be donated to our church library.

What I am asking is if there have been any ‘WOW’ books you have come across that would be interesting to read. I mainly read historical fiction, because I love history. But I have found some modern novels that were satisfying. It doesn’t matter whether it is secular or Christian. I don’t read a lot of thrillers/suspense, but if it’s historical, I might try it out.

I welcome any suggestions, even if they are a simpler fun read. I am just itching to find a good novel to read, but keep coming up empty.

If you have any suggestions, please comment. Thank you…. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I tell you all about the WOW books that I stumble upon. The last WOW book I have read was "My Brilliant Career," by Miles Franklin.

    ReplyDelete