03 January, 2011
Books of 2010
"Havah: The Story of Eve" by Tosca Lee. I don't think words could describe how amazing that novel is. It was so thought provoking and interestingly written in first person narrative, my favorite way to write. Tosca is now on my favorite authors list!
2. Worst book of 2010?
"A Memory Between Us" by Sarah Sundin. I won't get into it, but I was so disappointed by the author and the genre. I only read the second in the "Wings of Glory" Series because I read the first and I have no intention of picking up the third.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010?
I was so excited when I heard of the new author Tessa Afshar's debut novel "Pearl in the Sand" and received it for my birthday from my sister. Was seriously disappointed. She has Rahab as some spineless wimp at times and Salmon is some fickle jerk who is pretentious.
4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010?
I would have to say "Rocky Mountain Match" because I don't like Romance a lot.
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010?
"Havah: The story of Eve" by Tosca Lee and "The Magic of Ordinary Days" by Ann Howard Creel.
6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers. I have thought of reading it in the past, but I picked up "Unashamed" which is the fictionalized account of Rahab, and I liked it so much I went back and read "Unveiled" the story of Tamar, both I thought were amazing. I plan to go back this year and finish the series.
7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010?
Tosca Lee, Ann Howard Creel, and Fracine Rivers.
8. Most hilarious read of 2010?
I'm in the middle of "Sense and Sensibility" and "Pride and Prejudice" which I am always reading, both have some very hilarious parts. Jane was so witty!
9. Most thrilling, irrestable book in 2010?
I know I keep going back to it, but, you MUST read "Havah"! And you MUST read "The Magic of Ordinary Days" I'm sure some of you have seen the movie, but there are scenes in the book that will melt your heart and make you cry! Read them both!
10. Book you most anticipated in 2010?
"Pearl in the Sand" by Tessa Afshar.
11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
Although I wasn't taken with the series the "Wings of Glory" by Revell have good covers.
12. Most memorable character in 2010?
Livvy Duune-Singleton in "The Magic of Ordinary Days".
13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?
The "Refiner's Fire" Series by Lynn Austen, I was able to finish it this summer, the series that made me a Lynn Austin fan!
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?
You should know this one by now. "Havah: The Story of Eve".
15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read?
So many. The "Lineage of Grace Series", the "Refiner's Fire Series", A Woman's Place, There are so many and it would take me too long to list all of them.