12 November, 2010

Rosie the Reviewer {Rocky Mountain Match}

4 ****

Synopsis:
When blindness strikes carpenter Joseph Drake, the prospect of a lifetime of darkness fills him with despair. But then his brother hires Katie Ellickson. The strong-willed, confident teacher knows what it's like to be outcast, alone—and she won't give up on Joseph, even when he's ready to give up on himself. He thinks blindness is his most difficult obstacle, until he finds a bigger challenge—trying to reach Katie's heart. Will she let him? Katie has secrets that she's carried with her to the Rocky Mountains. And there's a darkness of her own in her past, which she can't escape for long…

My Review:
I am not normally a reader of Steeple Hill’s Love Inspired books, because I’m not really a fan of romance. Though my friend Natalie sent it to me by mail and I decided to pick it up during my break from writing. By the time I was half way through it, even though I knew how it would end, I really began to become involved with the characters and plot. Katie and Joseph were sweet together and things were realistic between them and when Joseph found out about Katie’s secret, he didn’t care. He didn’t “accept” her for who she was, instead he loved her for who she was past, present, and their entire future together. Joseph’s love for Katie was a true depiction of Christ’s unfailing love for us. This book was far better than another novel I read recently with a similar situation. Pamela Nissen’s plot in here was not only written better, but you don’t hate the hero! I can’t help but like Joseph, he was sweet and genuine. Rocky Mountain Match is a refreshing good read that I highly recommend and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.






(By the by – Pamela Nissen’s next novel Rocky Mountain Redemption will be coming out in February 2011)

1 comment:

  1. I will read it when I have some free time. I look forward to it. I like sweet romances, but they are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete